LAMC-2023 R9 Multilingual Video Competition (MLVC)
Travel to the IEEE MTT-S LAMC and win up to US$1,300!
The IEEE MTT-S MLVC competition aims to promote the creation of technical videos in different languages, on the topics of interest to the MTT-S community, to broaden the reach and impact of MTT-S educational efforts worldwide. In the case of LAMC-2023 R9 MLVC, students enrolled in universities or research centers located in in Latin America are invited to submit a technical video recorded in Spanish or Portuguese. The top 6 competitors will receive funds to attend the IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference (LAMC-2023) held in San Jose, Costa Rica, on December 6-8, 2023.
Video Goal and Scope
Explain a technical concept that is relevant to the topics of the LAMC 2023 in a way that is easy to understand by engineering and science students early in their studies. Highlight the main concepts and current practices in the topics and enthusiastically convey a futuristic view.
US$1300, US$1000, and US$700, for the first, second, and third places, respectively. Three awardees for submissions in Spanish and three for submissions in Portuguese are anticipated (six awards in total).
Video submission deadline: Oct. 2, 2023
Awards announcement deadline: Oct. 10, 2023
- The video file must be recorded with audio and video, in formats .MP4 or .WMV. The language must be in Spanish or Portuguese.
- The video can include up to three static slides, to help in the explanation of the concepts.
- The video duration is up to 3 minutes. Videos longer than 3 minutes will be automatically disqualified.
- The video must have original material (it must not include material from other sources).
- The topic of the video must be related to the topics from the LAMC call for papers.
- The competitor must be a student (graduate or undergraduate) enrolled in a university or research institute located in a country from IEEE Region 9 (attach enrollment evidence to the video submission).
- The student must be able to travel to the conference if selected for the award.
- The student must agree for the submitted video to be published in different IEEE MTT-S sites/events.
Applications will be received by the LAMC2023 MLVC organizers and verified for eligibility.
Eligible videos will be reviewed by a LAMC2023 MLVC committee integrated by Spanish and Portuguese native-speaking judges who will use the following evaluation criteria.
- Technical Content and Clarity (60 points): Does the video cover a topic relevant to the LAMC? Are technical concepts covered? Are the technical concepts explained in an easy-to-understand way? Are current practices mentioned? Are futuristic ideas and concepts related to the topic covered?
- Communication and Engagement (40 points): Did the presenter enthusiastically convey the concepts and ideas? Was the material conveyed in a clear way with an appropriate pace? Are the video and audio components with acceptable quality? The presenter shows professionalism in the language and images.
- Complete the submission form here.
- Upload the video file here. Name your video file with your name and last name using the following format: LastName_FirstName_LAMC2023_Vid.
- Upload here some official evidence that you are currently enrolled as a student in a university or research institute. Name your letter with your name and last name using the following format: LastName_FirstName_LAMC2023_Letter.
LAMC2023 MLVC Organizers
Prof. Eduardo Rojas (email@example.com), Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida, USA
Prof. José Ernesto Rayas-Sánchez (firstname.lastname@example.org), ITESO – The Jesuit University of Guadalajara, Mexico.
Download the call in .pdf