The IEEE MTT-S Administrative Committee recently approved an initiative to create the IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference (LAMC), to be held in the second week of December, every two years, starting in 2016. LAMC will have a general scope on RF and microwave engineering and technologies. This international conference is expected to move around to different locations in the region (Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, etc.). It will aim to achieve a high technical quality and will be technically and financially sponsored by IEEE MTT-S.
The IEEE MTT-S Latin America Microwave Conference has the following general goals:
- To encourage technological, scientific and academic development in Latin American countries
- To promote participation in global MTT-S events
- To encourage the development of local MTT-S activities
- To increase MTT-S membership in Latin America
- To increase local interest and perception of relevance of MTT-S with respect to the local needs (cf. MTT-S Humanitarian Initiative)